Closing date: 30/04/2023
Location: South Yorkshire
Division: Chesterfield Special Cylinders
Report to: Production Supervisor
Key Stakeholders / customers: Operations, Engineering and Integrity Management
Do you have a high degree of mechanical aptitude, mechanical and heavy manufacturing experience, and excellent communication skills?
Chesterfield Special Cylinders is currently seeking skilled and experienced Production Operatives to produce quality products in a safe and controlled manner.
The successful applicant will be responsible for operating production line equipment, finishing products and reporting any issues with equipment directly to production supervisors.
All works are to be undertaken in accordance and compliance with engineering drawings and all associated specifications.
Job duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ability to work production machinery throughout the manufacturing process, including lathes, milling machines and saws.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate tooling and ability to select the correct speeds and feeds.
- Carry out general fabrication, inclusive of burning/cutting/welding.
- Provide mechanical assistance on assembly/trailers.
- Use lifting equipment to manipulate products to their next operation and handle the loading of machinery.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines dictating the production and handling of materials in the factory.
- Carry out basic quality and testing checks.
- Conduct daily preventive maintenance checks on machinery and equipment.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings (both metric and imperial). Inspect and record all relevant dimensions in accordance with the engineering drawings and documentation packs.
- Ensure that the work area and equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all processes work effectively to ensure that the business can fulfil its aims.
- Identify and report to the production supervisor, any issues or problems which impact production and machinery malfunctions.
- Provide responsibility and guidance over engineering aspects of all jobs.
- Assist in all other areas of production in accordance with operational requirements.
Have some questions?
Get in touch if you would like to speak with one of our team members.