Bribery and corruption policy
The Group has put in place policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Bribery Act 2010. We require compliance with our Bribery and Corruption policy, from everyone connected with our business, and demand the highest ethical standards. Integrity and transparency are of utmost importance to us and we have a zero tolerance attitude towards corrupt activities of any kind, whether committed by Group employees or by third parties acting for or on behalf of the Group.
Pressure Technologies plc is proud of its reputation for being honest and fair in the way it does business. This reputation has been hard won over many years and would be easily lost if all employees do not hold to our ethical principles. These principles apply to the way we work with customers, suppliers, governments, employees, shareholders, competitors and our local communities are summarised below:
To be honest and open in the way we do business and maintain high standards of integrity
- We will do business honestly. We will not over-promise and we will be realistic when we give a commitment to do something. Our business processes will be transparent and we will not seek to gain unfair advantage through misrepresentation and deceit. We will maintain high standards of integrity. Honesty, openness and integrity generate trust and trust is fundamental to the success of our business.
- We will honour our contractual commitments.
- We will not steal and we will respect the physical and intellectual property of others.
- We will not make or take bribes and we will ensure that we have robust systems in place across the Group to ensure employees and agents of the Group understand and comply with our legal obligations under the Bribery act. We will not offer or accept gifts except for small, token items neither will we offer or accept excessive business entertaining.
- We will not take part in anti-competitive behaviour.
To comply with both the letter and the spirit of the law
- We are subject to many laws and regulations. We will observe these both to specific wording and the intended spirit of the law or regulation.
To operate in a safe and responsible way
- We will maintain strong health and safety systems to ensure that our employees, customers and the public are not in danger of injury from our operations or our products.
- We will comply with all environmental legislation and ensure that we minimise the impact of our operations on the environment.
- We will be good neighbours and ensure that our operations do not adversely impact the communities in which we are located.