Independent Non-Executive Chairman
- April 2022
- Served as Chief Executive for two FTSE250 plc’s and on the Executive Committee of a CAC40 multinational.
- Track record for creating shareholder value through the development and execution of successful new business strategies.
- Broad senior management experience in running successful businesses in North America, Europe and Asia in the power generation equipment, energy, defence, electronics and general engineering sectors.
- Extensive Non-Executive experience including as Chairman, Senior Independent Director, Remuneration Committee Chair and member of Audit, Remuneration, Nominations and ESG committees.
- BSc (Hons) from Bristol University in Mechanical Engineering and Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering.
- Formerly Independent Chairman for South East Water Ltd (SEW), Senior Independent Director and member for the audit, nominations and remuneration committee for Elementis plc, Senior Independent Director for United Utilities plc and Chief Executive of Cookson Group plc and Babcock International Group plc.
- Early career in the power station construction sector with Alstom, GEC, China Light and Power and the CEGB.
- Chair at Scotia Gas Networks Limited (SGN). SGN owns and operates the gas distribution networks in Scotland and Southern England, serving 5.9 million homes and businesses.