Closing date: 26/07/2023
Location: South Yorkshire
Report to: Supervisor
Salary: Attractive rates of pay
Key stakeholders / customers: Other Machinists, Supervisors and Quality department
We’re on the lookout for talented machinists to join our team. Do you have mechanical and manufacturing experience, and excellent communication skills?
You’ll be required to produce components in accordance with customer exacting requirements and specifications, whilst adhering to company policies and standards.
Job duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Competent operation of machine tools in accordance with work instructions and safe operation practice as appropriate.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings to a high standard; demonstrating understanding of surface finish requirements, geometric and dimensional tolerances.
- Where applicable; create, download, edit, archive, read and interpret CNC programs.
- Demonstrable ability to set components and machines, with consideration for best production route and any potential negative impact to quality requirements.
- Ability to apply appropriate tooling and cutting methods considering the stability of the component set up and its composition.
- Appropriate selection and accurate use of inspection equipment used to measure components throughout the manufacturing process.
- Communicate any potential process improvement opportunities to direct supervisor for approval and capture.
- Accurate completion of any records you are required to complete i.e. recording labour bookings, set up sheets etc.
- Demonstrate engagement with other team members.
- Maintain machinery and work area in accordance with daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance schedules.
- Any reasonable requests made by the management team or direct supervisor.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures.
Would you like to find out more?
Get in touch if you would like to speak with one of our team members.